Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sorry.....


I apologize tremendously to all you who check frequently to see how things are going. It's been a week since I last posted. We've been busy changing house guests and getting ready for the next wave. Heather and Isabel left Saturday and we miss them! It has been almost 2 years since we had seen Heather and we realize what we are missing! Joel and I got the house cleaned up...well he did most of the work. I was just bossy.


We were able to attend church Sunday morning. It was awesome to see all our friends and the sermon was great too. My mom arrived Sunday afternoon. Joel had to leave for a few days to go to Charlotte for upper management training for Lowes. He has been in training since before all the cancer happened. During everything he has managed to watch recorded classes and take tons of tests (and of course pass with flying colors)!! This week is the last part of training and he will be able to move to upper management.


My dad will arrive today to stay for a few days. I still have to have a chauffeur because I can't drive yet. I'll be seeing the oncologist tomorrow and the plastic surgeon Thursday. I should be getting my drains out Thursday and then a long, hot shower! I thanked God this morning that he helped someone create a shower. I really HATE taking a bath.


I will try to post an update on Thursday after I see the oncologist. Ella also sees her doctor tomorrow for her 9 month appointment on Wednesday and then of course we have to go to the fall festival at church. (many cute costume pics to follow) I know you all are thinking, "Lisa slow down!" I promise I am taking it easy. That's why I called in extra reinforcements to get us through the next few days. My body pretty much just stops when it's time to rest. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

P.S......
I posted a few new pictures on the flickr site. Also, Candice has posted some amazing pictures of the Walk for Life on her blog. Please check it out. Just click the tab on the upper right corner that says Candice and Daniel. Until next time....

2 comments:

GE is me said...

Lisa, I can't even begin to imagine all you are going through, have been through & still have to go through. You are in my prayers. I pray that things continue to go as well as they have been up to this point.
God Bless, -Gail

August White said...

Hi Lisa! I am so glad that you are doing so well after surgery. Continue to listen to what your body needs and get lots of rest. You will feel much much better when the drains get removed. Thinking and praying for you all.
August White (from Young Survival group)