Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chemo Day

We made it! Chemo wasn't that bad. I tolerated all the medicine very well. They even gave me a little Ativan to make me more comfortable. Hehehehe.... What made the whole experience so great were two nurses who will be caring for med every time I go for chemo. The picture above are my nurses. They like to laugh and joke a lot, so I had a great time. Of course, what also made it so good was I got spend 8 hours straight with Joel. We talked, played cards, ate snacks, just had fun. The oncology center is amazing and the room where I receive chemo it so bright and happy. You overlook woods, a pond, and birds eating from bird feeders. I was very relaxed.

Today I don't feel to bad. I just feel a little "run down." I'm taking 5 different medicines for nausea, so that's under control. I've just rested quite a bit today and of course Grandpa Wayne hasn't minded at all. I've started to have a little weird taste in my mouth but it hasn't stopped me from eating. All in all it's not so bad. Tomorrow could be hard. The nurses have told me for some people the first day after chemo is usually worse. If I loose my hair, they told me to anticipate about 3-4 weeks before it happens. The list of those who would like to go bald with me is building. Feel free to join....just kidding.

In about 5 days my blood counts will drop and I might feel a little crummy. They gave me a shot which I gave myself today that is suppose to help keep your blood count up. I just can't thank you all enough for all the prayers yesterday. Once again we are overwhelmed with all the love and support.

On a different note, Joel applied for an upper management position at a Lowes in town. We are praying that if this is God's time for that then he will get the job...and a raise. Yeah!!!! Ella has started crawling all over the place. She is giving high-fives and clapping her hands. It is the cutest thing I've every seen!!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Lisa,
I don't think I've ever seen such a big smile in a chemo room. You go girl! By the way the blanket looks so cozy - you almost make it look fun!

Pray you are still feeling well...

Sara Hill-Cola

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

YAY-YER! Joel in upper management....Oh the connections. We'll be praying!!!

So great that you are doing so well. I'm convinced you will beat the odds!

Lots of love..... :)

Nika said...

Lisa, you made it through your first chemo! Glad that everything went well.

I will be praying for Joel and the opportunity with Lowe's...

Continue to stay strong,

Love in Christ, Nika
kanikaawade@aol.com

Deb said...

With your upbeat attitude, you will beat all odds! Good Luck to Joel!

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.

With Splashes of Joy...
Michigan Marine Mom
<><

The Daly's said...

Dear Lisa,

I'm so glad to hear all the great news. We'll continue praying. This Thanksgiving will be very special -- so many things to thank God for. Love you!

Cheri, Bryan & Kids