Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Fun

So many of you may not know that I love to garden. I find it therapeutic. I prefer flowers with bulbs and I have an organic veggie garden. I recently planted some trees we pulled up at my mom and dad's house. Ella loves to help me garden. Most of the time she just tries to eat the dirt but she really does love flowers.

I think my love for gardening started with my Granny and Papa. My Granny grew some amazing flowers and my Papa always had the best veggie garden. I remember "shuck'n" corn and "snapp'n" beans while sitting at their aluminum kitchen table or on the porch swing. I spent most of my summers as a child with my grandparents. There is nothing better than eating a tomato fresh off the vine or cutting a watermelon just pulled from the garden. I treasure those times with Granny and Papa. And, every year as my gladiolas bloom I think of my Granny and the wisdom she instilled in me. Granny went to be with the Lord January 12, 2002. (Yes, the same day of Ella's birth). I have often thought of her as I went through the past few months. I could often hear her quoting as she did everyday, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14) I hope I can share with Ella the same wonderful lessons Granny taught me.

Sorry about the nostalgia. Sometimes it just comes out! I thought you might want to see a pic of Ella and her new swing set. She LOVES it!! She slides down the slide by herself and she likes to sit in her clubhouse and look for airplanes. We've had a blast just being outside.

My hair is really starting to come in along with my eyelashes and eyebrows (which fell out 3 weeks ago)! I even have to put product in to keep it from standing straight up! Thank you all for praying for my Grandma. She is doing much better and has returned to the nursing home.


No comments: