Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perseverance


First, I have to say Happy Birthday to my husband, Joel. You are an amazing man. You keep me laughing and you stand by my side to help keep me strong. You are an incredible father and your walk with God is inspiring. You are an excellent provider for your family and your positive attitude is contagious. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you!

Ella and I made our TV debut this morning on "Live with Lucas." We had a blast. It was great to meet Lucas and so many other wonderful people associated with Relay for Life. Of course, we met more inspiring cancer survivors. I feel honored to be a part of this elite group. I hope you all will join me in the Relay for Life this year. If your not local, there should be a Relay for Life event in your area. It is a great way to not only raise money for the American Cancer Society, but also to raise awareness about cancer.

We were able to celebrate Joel's birthday a little early this past weekend. We visited our friends, the Guthrie's, in Murrel's Inlet. It is always so wonderful to be around their family. Ella had a blast being with the girls. It was just nice to decompress. We needed it before we headed into this last big week!

My last chemo treatment is tomorrow. After this week, my visits to SCOA will not have to be as frequent. It is bittersweet going into this last treatment. I'm so excited I'll be done but I'm not looking forward to the bad days after treatment. Although, this is the last time I have to go through it. My mom will be coming to stay with Ella and I on Thursday and my Dad will be joining us on Friday. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that Ella is in such good hands while I rest.

This past week Joel and I were inspired by the bird feeders at my oncologist office and we decided to put up a few of our own. We now have 3 bird feeders in different locations in our back yard. I was worried the birds wouldn't find the food but they have. We have seen cardinals, blue jays, finches, and a few pigeons (and a squirrels too). It is so nice to walk outside in the mornings and hear all the birds singing. The dogs love it and the true hound has come out in them. We are also trying to get the yard ready for spring. I'll be planting a few more bulbs and getting the soil ready for my organic garden. I can't wait to have all those wonderful tomatoes like I had 2 summers ago!

The last thing today is I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to my sister-in-law Katie. She got engaged last week and we are so happy for them. We are so excited to make a trip to Washington in August to see everyone!

Please keep my in your prayers this week as we finish up with chemo. I was dwelling on these scriptures today and thought I would share:
James 1:2-6, 12

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.




No comments: